ONLINE REGISTRATION COMING SOON
Join us for the 2020 BIAC Annual Professional Conference, to be held at a new location this year, at Trinity College. Join hundreds of other professionals to learn the most up-to-date research and information to inform your practice.
This annual conference is A MUST ATTEND FOR: APRNs, CRCs, counselors, direct care workers, educators, neurologists, nurses, neuropsychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physicians, psychologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists, state agency personnel and veterans service providers.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: HOLLY KOSTRZEWSKI
"You Look Normal! Understanding and Living with the Fractured Sense of Self after a TBI." Holly will share her experience living with a seizure disorder, embracing a positive attitude, and managing life with a TBI.
Other topics and presenters will include:
- Biomarkers for Concussion - Stephanie Alessi, MD
- Cultural Humility in the Context of Traumatic Brain Injury - Fatima Watt, PsyD
- Psychopharmacology - Mel Glenn, MD
- Under-identification of Brain Injury in Students - Drew Nagele, PsyD, CBIST, CESP
- Dual Diagnosis of Brain Injury and Substance Use - Devon Briem, LADC
- Advances in Clinical Physical Interventions - Elizabeth Wescott, OTD & Erin Lampron, DPT
- Veterans, Stigma after TBI - Michael Zacchea
- Management of Fatigue and Lethargy - Kwame Assante, MD
- Transition to Community & Care Planning - Panel of community providers
The BIAC Annual Conference is the only event of its kind in Connecticut. With more than 300 industry professionals in attendance, it is an excellent way to promote your organization to a highly qualified and targeted audience. All Conference sponsors & exhibitors will benefit from excellent visibility and publicity before, during and after the event. Additionally, your sponsorship helps BIAC continue to serve as Connecticut’s partner in prevention and recovery. Click here for more information on sponsoring or exhibiting, or contact Joy Morse.
Want to be sure you are on the mailing list for the March 2020 Conference? Send an email to April Michaud now.