IMPORTANT UPDATE! As increased restrictions necesssary to protect all of our nation's citizens are put in place, and consistent with the guidelines of the CDC, BIAC has made the decision to provide the conference virtually, through taped webinars. We are recording each of the nine workshops. Unfortunately, the keynote speaker is unavailable. However, because we are providing all of the recordings to all registrants, you will now be able to view all nine workshops, where as viewing it live would have limited you to four. We anticipate that the recordings will be completed and available to all registrants by the end of the Month. Registrants will receive instructions on how to access the webinars and how to complete the surveys in order to obtain CEU's/CME's. The very good news is that most credentialing agencies have already given approval to increase the number of CEU's you can obtain by viewing all the webinars. Because the process to record all the webinars takes time, we anticipate that registrants will receive the links to the webinars by March 31.
View Updates on the Annual Conference dated March 24, 2020 - including important updates regarding CEUs and CMEs.
Because the conference is being recorded, you can now register for the conference through April 15. You will need to have viewed the workshops by April 30th. If you have not yet registered, do so today!
The conference is A MUST ATTEND FOR: APRNs, CRCs, counselors, direct care workers, educators, neurologists, nurses, neuropsychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physicians, psychologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists, state agency personnel and veterans service providers.
View the Conference Program Booklet
Topics and presenters include:
- Biomarkers for Concussion - Stephanie Alessi, MD
- Cultural Humility in the Rehabilitation Setting - Fatima Watt, PsyD
- Psychopharmacology - Mel Glenn, MD
- Under-identification of Brain Injury in Students - Drew Nagele, PsyD, FACRM, CBIST, CESP
- Dual Diagnosis of Brain Injury and Substance Use - Devon Briem, LADC
- Advances in Clinical Physical Interventions - Elizabeth Wescott, OTD, OTR/L & Erin Lampron, PT, DPT, NCS
- Destigmatizing Traumatic Brain Injury Among Veterans - Michael Zacchea, LtCol USMC (ret), MBA
- Management of Fatigue and Lethargy - Kwame Assante, MD
- Transition to Community & Care Planning - Panel of community providers
For conference questions, contact Rene Carfi at 860-219-0291 x306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Conference Financial Disclosures
2020 Conference Session Learning Outcomes