Join us for the 2020 BIAC Annual Professional Conference, to be held at a new location this year, at Trinity College. Join hundreds of other professionals to learn the most up-to-date research and information to inform your practice.
This annual conference is A MUST ATTEND FOR: APRNs, CRCs, counselors, direct care workers, educators, neurologists, nurses, neuropsychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physicians, psychologists, social workers, speech-language pathologists, state agency personnel and veterans service providers.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: HOLLY KOSTRZEWSKI
"You Look Normal! Understanding and Living with the Fractured Sense of Self after a TBI." Holly will share how, at the age of 18, a traumatic brain injury from a motor vehicle collision changed her life forever. Faith and determination have enabled Holly to remain positive and keep a sense of humor while overcoming countless obstacles. Holly is currently completing her PhD in Public Health/Community Health and working in traffic safety for the State of Minnesota.
Other topics and presenters include:
- Biomarkers for Concussion - Stephanie Alessi, MD
- Cultural Humility in the Rehabilitation Setting - Fatima Watt, PsyD
- Psychopharmacology - Mel Glenn, MD
- Under-identification of Brain Injury in Students - Drew Nagele, PsyD, FACRM, CBIST, CESP
- Dual Diagnosis of Brain Injury and Substance Use - Devon Briem, LADC
- Advances in Clinical Physical Interventions - Elizabeth Wescott, OTD, OTR/L & Erin Lampron, PT, DPT, NCS
- Destigmatizing Traumatic Brain Injury Among Veterans - Michael Zacchea, LtCol USMC (ret), MBA
- Management of Fatigue and Lethargy - Kwame Assante, MD
- Transition to Community & Care Planning - Panel of community providers
The BIAC Annual Conference is the only event of its kind in Connecticut. With more than 300 industry professionals in attendance, it is an excellent way to promote your organization to a highly qualified and targeted audience. All Conference sponsors & exhibitors will benefit from excellent visibility and publicity before, during and after the event. Additionally, your sponsorship helps BIAC continue to serve as Connecticut’s partner in prevention and recovery. Click here for more information on sponsoring or exhibiting, click here to pay online, or contact Joy Morse at email@example.com or by calling 860-219-0291, ext. 303.
BIAC ANNUAL AWARDS
Each year BIAC recognizes outstanding individuals and organizations during the conference. Learn more and consider nominating someone today!
For conference questions, contact Bonnie Meyers at 860-219-0291 x304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Conference Financial Disclosures
2020 Conference Session Learning Outcomes