2018 Call for Proposals
About BIAC’s Annual Conference
The Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut is seeking workshop proposals through August 31, 2017 for its Annual Conference for Professionals on March 16, 2018 at the Quinnipiac University's School of Medicine in North Haven.
- 270+ professionals attended this event in 2017
- Proposals are reviewed by a committee of professionals in the field of brain injury
- Program focus should be evidence based and focus on research, new or innovative therapies for brain injury, strategies, practical applications, skill-building for practitioners
- Preference is given to evidence based presentations that are interactive, include strategies to engage the audience, and leave participants with new skills and learning they can immediately put to use.
- Continuing education credit (CEUs) and continuing medical education credits (CMEs) are provided to professional conference attendees in a variety of fields. Requirements specify that each speaker must submit a resume or CV, bio, a bibliography for the presentation (citing recent references), goal & learning objectives, and disclosure statements. If your proposal is accepted you will be asked to complete this submit these documents in a timely manner.
- The Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut does not provide honoraria or travel expenses. We thank you in advance for contributing your time and talent to brain injury education, and supporting our mission.
- Conference workshops are 75-90 minutes in length and speakers are encouraged to leave time at the end, for audience questions and comments.
- Given the time limit, only 1-3 speakers may co-host a single workshop. Panels (4+) may be considered, depending on topic, at the discretion of the conference committee.
- Based on the feedback of previous participants, BIAC strongly encourages presenters to provide handouts/copy of PowerPoints. PowerPoint slides and/or handouts must be submitted by 2/16/18.
- Workshops must be free of commercialism, promotion and advertising. Presentations that constitute promotion and advertising will be prohibited. This includes pervasive and inappropriate use of logos. No advertising matter of any kind may be distributed. No material may be displayed that in any way directly promotes the commercial interest of any company or enterprise, or of the author(s)/presenter(s).
Submitting a proposal indicates your willingness and availability to provide an education workshop for BIAC’s Annual Conference on March 16, 2018. Proposals are due by August 31, 2017. Presenters will be notified by November 30, 2017.
For questions, contact Rene Carfi, BIAC’s Education & Outreach Manager, at email@example.com or 860-219-0291 x306.
Create your own user feedback survey