Certified Brain Injury Specialist Applicant,
Thank you for registering for the 2020 Certified Brain Injury Specialist Training that we will be offering. Please review the following information and attached materials, and let me know if you have questions or concerns.
- The training will take place on Friday, April 3, from 9:00am-2:30pm; Monday, April 6 from 9:00am-2:30pm; and Thursday, April 8, from 9:00am-2:30pm. Download the training agenda.
- The training will take place at the Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut, 1st Floor Training Room, 200 Day Hill Road, Windsor, CT 06095.
- Due to the amount of information covered in the training we will begin the training promptly at 9:00am, and you are encouraged to arrive early so that you can get settled in prior to the start time.
- PDFs of the presentations that will be presented at the training are available for download below for you to review prior to the class. You will note that information outlined in the Exam Study Outline are noted on the presentations - it is important to pay special attention to this information (a copy of the study outline is available below). Copies of the presentations will also be available on the day of each training. As they are part of the CBIS training, they are only intended for use by CBIS applicants. Please do not share these handouts with those who are not registered for the training.
- The exam will take place at Trinity College in the Crescent St. Center for Arts and Neuroscience (CCAN). It is number 91 on the attached map. The room is CCAN 121 - a computer lab.
- The exam time is 10am-12pm.
- The exam will be conducted online. An Exam FAQ is available for questions you might have regarding the exam.
- BIAC will serve as the proctor for the first exam, but individuals will be responsible for securing their own proctor (a colleague or supervisor can serve as proctor) for retakes.
- Flash cards were created by a rehabilitation facility and donated to ACBIS for attendees to utilize when studying.
- A study outline is also available to help you focus in on areas to study.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut's Senior Brain Injury Specialist, Rene Carfi, at email@example.com or 860-219-0291, ext. 306.